Wizard101’s newest bundle, the Accursed Play Gauntlet, brings me back to my high school Shakespeare days. The drama-filled bundle is $39 and available from a select few Walmart stores. You can find the full list of participating Walmarts here. The card doesn’t seem to be available on Walmart’s website yet, but there’s always a chance they will add it there in the future. Keep an eye out!
The Accursed Play Gauntlet includes:
- Accursed Play Housing Gauntlet
- Stage Ship Mount (2 player)
- Drama Llama Pet
- Dramaturgist’s Gear
- Dramaturgist’s Wand
- 1 Month Membership or 5000 Crowns
The Accursed Play Gauntlet
The following will serve as a mini-guide to the housing gauntlet. There are a total of 3 battles – but only one has cheats.
Phantom Olivier (Fire, 11,000 Health), and Phantom Kenneth (Ice, 10,000 Health). No cheats. Treat this battle as you would any other.
Fan-Tom Stagehand (Life, 8,720), and Fan-Tom Stagehand (Balance, 9,960). More enemies might appear if you have friends with you. No cheats. Treat this battle as you would any other.
Here’s where things get interesting! The final fight puts you up against MacDeath (Death/Shadow, 12,000 Health). He is stunnable and not too happy to see you.
- At the beginning of the first round, MacDeath will interrupt to say “To be or not to be? To be obviously” and cast a -100 incoming damage aura on himself.
- At the end of the second round, MacDeath will interrupt to shout “May a choir of understudies sing thee to thy rest” and summon a minion. If you’re battling alone, this will be the ONLY minion you have to worry about. MacDeath will later summon more minions if you have friends with you, cast a minion, or summon a henchman. Minion schools and health vary, but they’re not too hard to deal with.
- If MacDeath is hit with damage, he will interrupt to say “Et Tu, Wizard?” and decrease his incoming damage aura by 10%. (First hit decreases it to -90%, second decreases it to -80% and so on and so forth).
- If you use a Damage Over Time to hit MacDeath, he will do the Et Tu cheat AND say “Wizards Die A Thousand Times Before Their Death!” which will shift the DOT back onto the caster.
- If you cast a feint on MacDeath while a minion is present, MacDeath will interrupt to say “This is Your Moment in the Spotlight!” and have the first minion transfer the 70% trap from him to them.
- Indemnity feints will NOT be transferred.
- You can prevent the transfer by casting an ice dispel on the minion beforehand.
- Feints played before a minion is summoned will NOT be affected.
- If you heal OR play a global/bubble spell, MacDeath will interrupt to shout “Out, Out, Brief Candle!” and cast a -75% Doom and Gloom.
- This Doom and Gloom cannot be replaced.
- Once in awhile, MacDeath will shout “We few, we happy few, we band of beguileds!” and cast beguile. I have not yet figured out the trigger for this cheat.
You have two options.
Chip Chip Away
- Have one person spam low-pip attacks at MacDeath. This will keep decreasing his incoming damage aura until you’re ready to hit.
- Although it’s not always required, you can play an Indemnity feint on the hit round for some extra punch.
All in One
- Play stacking feints on round one. His minions aren’t around yet, so no cheats!
- Have your hitter build up pierce to take out MacDeath and his minions all at once.
Stage Ship Mount
Although this stage prop looks flimsy, it’s actually quite sturdy! The stage ship mount can hold two people and supplies the standard +40% speed boost.
Drama Llama Pet
Normally I try to stay away from drama, but this little guy might be the exception! The death pet, which mimics an iconic Hamlet scene, has a 71 pedigree and comes with a Virulent Plague card.
Dramaturgist’s Gearset and Wand
You simply can’t put on a play without costumes! This bundle’s gearset fits the theme perfectly and has a pretty cool mask weapon. You can see the stats for all the pieces below:
What do you think of this new bundle? Share your thoughts in the comments below!