Even though Thanksgiving Day has passed, that doesn’t mean we have to stop being thankful for the people, things, and events in our lives that we cherish. After all, that should be something that we do each and every day (remember to never take what you have for granted!). I know, I know, that’s cliché – but I happen to be a very big fan of cheesy yet accurate clichés. In honor of giving thanks during this very special holiday weekend, here is what I’m thankful for in Wizard101 and Pirate101.
- I’m thankful for the very few successful pets I have. Ah, pets. Some of my deepest and most tiresome troubles come from the Pet Pavillion. Perfect pets are few and far between, but I’m glad that I’ve already had just a little bit of luck.
- I’m thankful for Cyrus Drake. I know he might (well, most definitely) does not feel the same way about me, but he’s taught me most of what has carried me through this game. A student is only as good as their mentor, and I had a great one. Professor Drake is like a really good chocolate chip cookie … tough on the outside, but soft on the inside.
- I’m thankful for shadow pips. Although sometimes they fail to present themselves when I need them most, there’s no better feeling than being able to unleash a powered up Baba Yaga or Mystic Colossus.
- I’m thankful for +50% speed mounts. When time is of the essence, these make all the difference! Get out of the way or I just might run you over. ;)
- I’m thankful for farming luck. That moment when you FINALLY get something you’ve been after for the longest time … priceless.
- I’m thankful for Bonnie Anne. I’m almost done with Cool Ranch and right now Bonnie is my favorite companion. I love her sassy remarks and way of thinking. Never change Bonnie, never change.
- I’m thankful for life fountains. Nobody is perfect, and that means defeat will come at some point. When it does happen, I’m happy to have a quick and easy way to prepare for a rematch. Those bosses won’t get rid of me THAT easily.
- I’m thankful for the Armada. I know it’s weird to say, but I really love to hate the Armada. I think they’re such an intriguing force to be reckoned with. Villains are best with substance, and I’ve found that within the Armada.
- I’m thankful for nautical XP. Any pirate knows the struggle of keeping up to date with new ships and equipment. Nautical XP may not come as easily as we’d hope, but hearing the “level up” chime always gets me excited.
- I’m thankful for the endless customization. One of the elements that jumped at me as soon as I started playing Pirate101 was all of the options that it offered. Each class gets a different starting companion, there are so many flag designs, and you can constantly control the way you want to play.
Now, despite being thankful for all of that (and so much more!), I do think I’ve forgotten one very important thing. This community. That’s right, I’m thankful for all of you. I’m thankful for the people who have helped me quest, offered to help me make a pet, cheered me up when I was feeling down, and have been a consistent driving force that has helped shape this community for the better.
So hats off to you. All of you. :)