What’s the best way to kick off summer? With a test realm of course! The Wizard101 Test Realm is back online with what looks to be a fantastic quality of life update. Ready for Avalon fishing, new PvP changes, and tons of chat improvements?
— Wizard101 (@Wizard101) June 21, 2017
Here’s a brief overview of what you’ll find in the new update.
- Welcome to the 4th Age of PvP!
- New PvP Daily Rewards
- New Dispel Shield functionality for PvP only
- The much anticipated turn-based tournament mode
- Matching changes (to prevent boosting)
- Tons of new menu chat phrases
- Menu Chat “favorites” column
- In-game emojis! (Same as the Message Boards)
- Friend chat channel — so you can privately (or publicly) chat with many friends at once.
Tutorial Tip Log
- Tired of all those tutorial tips clogging up your screen? They’re now condensed into one icon.
- The Tutorial Tip Log has 4 categories:
Other Cool Stuff
- Fishing has come to Avalon (with a new quest!)
- New Monstrology spells are available in Colossus Boulevard, Grizzleheim, and Wysteria.
For a more detailed look at the Summer 2017 update, check out the full update notes here. Have fun!